Best Waffle Maker
How to get the best waffle maker: A complete guide
If you are looking forward to making an innovative addition to you list of kitchen appliances, you definitely ought to get a waffle maker for your kitchen. With busy schedule that every individual of this generation deals with, waffles have emerged as favorite breakfast for individuals all across globe. One of the primary reasons behind this is a fact that preparing these is not that difficult a task and to top it all, they are a lot more time saving than your traditional breakfasts. Thanks to their increasing popularity, waffles are readily becoming a part of almost every restaurant’s menu. This is where waffle makers come in and the search for the best waffle maker begins.
To begin with, we must know what a waffle maker does. A waffle maker is a kitchen appliance that lets individuals prepare crispy and soft waffles.
Things that one must consider before buying a Waffle Maker
After going through several waffle maker reviews, I figured out that some people believe these appliances are quite messy at times and their use is complicated. However, from a personal point of view, when it comes to operating these appliances, they are perhaps the easiest kitchen appliance around. Before buying a waffle maker, you must figure out exactly what you want from this kitchen appliance of yours. To begin with, let us discuss about the constituents of a waffle maker. Waffle irons primarily constitute two plates that are gridded in nature. One of these appears at the top of the appliance while the other at the bottom. The cooking takes place in between these two plates. When these two are forced against each other with the raw waffle in between them, the holes that are a characteristic of waffles are created.
Next, you must know the type of waffles and thus waffle makers available in the market. Waffles can be primarily divided into two categories. Namely, Regular waffles and Belgian Waffles. While the Belgian Waffles are thick in nature along with big impressions or holes, the Regular ones are thin in nature and are accompanied by small impressions or holes. If you were to compare their crispiness, Belgian one is a lot crispier as compared to the regular one. Hence, you must be certain as to which type of waffle you would like to make at home before you purchase a waffle maker.
Waffles come in various shapes and sizes. Though most waffle makers are capable of making waffles of a particular shape, some are capable of making waffles of varying shapes and sizes. Squares, circles and rectangles are common shapes. However, you can also make waffles in a lot more fancy shapes. These include heart, cartoon characters, etc.
The latest waffle makers come with non-stick plates. These plates can be cleaned easily as the raw materials on most occasions don’t stick to these plates. In some appliances, cleaning has been made all the more simple. Thanks to their removable plates. All you need to do is detach the plates after each use and wash them under running water and then dry them under the sun. Cleaning a kitchen appliance can’t be simpler now, can it? Of course Not!
Waffles are at times classified with respect to their color. While you may prefer light colored waffles, your friend on the other hand may like dark brown ones. The second one is crispier than the first. This is a reason why a few waffle makers today come with a separate set of settings for browning purpose. Thanks to these advanced settings, you can be rest assured that your preferences will be meet. At least as far as browning is concerned. The most preferred color of having waffles is golden – brown. The crispiness at this stage is maximum. If an individual tries to make the waffle crispier, he or she will only end up hardening it. Well, that won’t taste good now would it?
Another aspect related to these waffles is the temperature at which they are cooked. Almost every waffle maker comes with a LED indicator or an alarm that indicates when the waffles have reached the desired temperature. After waffle has reached its desired temperature, you can put the batter over it. To limit the over flow of batter, most waffles makers are accompanied by an overflow reservoir. This reservoir helps store the excess batter in the event that there is an overflow.
If you are concerned about how this appliance will fit in your kitchen, there’s no need for you to worry. These appliances come is a variety of sizes and colors. Choose the size with respect to the size of waffle that you wish to have and the available space in your kitchen. Further, you can choose the color such that it matches with the color of your kitchen.
Types of Waffle Makers commonly known to us
As mentioned earlier, waffles predominantly come in two variations. The first is a regular waffle that is easy to prepare. Most individuals prefer this waffle over other as an effort that needs to be put in for preparing a regular waffle is a lot less as compared to the effort that needs to be put in for a Belgian waffle. Regular waffles are thins with small impressions. However, the Belgian waffles are a bit thicker and are accompanied by large impressions.
Type of waffle you make is totally dependent on a type of waffle maker you have. While some waffle makers are better suited for making regular waffles, others are known for the quality Belgian waffles that they prepare. Which one should you go for? Well, this is a question I certainly can’t help you with! It is solely dependent on your taste and preference. While you may prefer the Belgian waffle, the regular one might be present in your wife’s favorite list. If you are facing such a situation, then “GOD SAVE THE!” Another parameter that you must consider is cost. The Belgian waffle makers are a bit costly as compared to the waffle makers that prepare regular waffles. The time required for preparing the regular waffles is lesser than the time required for preparing the Belgian waffles.
TOP Rated Waffle Makers
|Presto 03510 FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker||Stainless Steel||1100w||Check here||4.6|
|Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker||Stainless Steel||1000w||Check here||4.2|
|Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker||Stainless Steel||1400w||Check here||4.7|
|Proctor Silex 26070 Belgian Waffle Baker||Plastic||650w||Check here||4.5|
|Oster CKSTWFBF21 1-1/2-Inch Thick Belgian Flip Waffle Maker||Stainless Steel||1000w||Check here||4.4|
|Hamilton Beach 26030 Belgian Waffle Maker||Plastic||1000w||Check here||4.4|
|Hamilton Beach 26009 Belgian Style Waffle Baker||Stainless Steel||1000w||Check here||4.4|
|Calphalon No Peek Waffle Maker||Ceramic||Not Provide||Check here||4.4|
|Black & Decker Chrome Belgian Waffle Maker WMB505||Stainless Steel||650w||Check here||4.4|
|26010 Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker||Nonstick Coating||Not Provide||Check here||4.5|
Top 10 Waffle Makers
Well, you no longer need to visit expensive restaurants in order to enjoy tasty and mouthwatering waffles. You can easily prepare the waffle of your choice in your kitchen. All you need to do is get yourself one of these waffle makers and follow the guidelines listed. I can assure you that the best quality waffle will be ready in no time. The problem with waffle makers in the past was that they weren’t easily available at the consumer level. They were mostly available for commercial use. However, that is certainly not the case today. Thanks to the advancement in technology that has led to the availability of good quality waffle makers at low prices. The one listed below can not only be used at the personal level but at the same time, they will work just fine at the commercial level as well. The major aspects that must be considered at the time of choosing between the best waffle makers are cost, size and the time it takes to prepare a good quality waffle. Given below is the best interactive comparison chart comprising of the top 10 waffle makers around.
1.Presto 03510 Flipside Belgian Waffle Maker
The Presto 03510 Flipside Belgian Waffle Maker specializes in making Belgian waffles. It comes with a professional rotating framework that is about 7 inches in diameter. The exteriors are made of brushed stainless steel. It also comes with a countdown digital display timer. This lets you know as to when you must remove the waffle. Thus, making the preparation of waffles all the more simple.
- Its interiors are made up of a nonstick material. This makes cleaning the appliance easier than ever.
- Its flip radius is about 180 degrees. Thus, the batter can be efficiently spread. This ensures that the waffles are crispy on the outside.
- Cost can be one of the drawbacks of this product.
- Another major disadvantage of this product is the poor quality of services the company offer post purchase. This is something I found is various reviews related to this product.
2.Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker
The Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker is truly worth the investment. It is one of the most handy waffle makers in this budget.
- One of the major advantages of this product is that its thermostat is extremely accurate with the temperature scales.
- The exteriors are quite easy to clean. All you need to do is rub the surface with a damp piece of cloth.
- The lid doesn’t get heated up along with your waffle. Hence, you no longer need to worry about burning your hand on your waffle maker.
- A non-stick finish that won’t wear off. Unlike most non-stick coatings on cheap waffle makers, the one on this one doesn’t wear away any time soon.
- Storing it is easy as it can be stored on its side. This has been made possible by its light weight infrastructure.
- The product doesn’t have any sort of defects what so ever. However, in case a situation arises which calls for the services of the company, you may end up getting disappointed.
- Its flip radius is not that large as well.
3.Warring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker
The Warring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker is a high class waffle maker to say the least. As its name suggests, this appliance is capable making two Belgian waffles at the same time. It needs a power source of 1400 watt to operate at its full capacity. This is quite large as compared to the ordinary Belgian Waffle makers. It mostly finds its application in the commercial market.
- This product satisfies the Electrical Standards laid down by North America.
- It comes with 2 LED indicators, 1 for each waffle maker.
- The plate is capable of rotating. Thus, ensuring that the dough is baked evenly.
- It also comes with 3 distinguishable audio beep tones that have separate functions of their own.
- Size and weight are major disadvantages; at least as far as storing the product is concerned.
- Another major disadvantage at the consumer section is its price. This is the reason why this product is mostly used in the commercial sectors.
4.Proctor Silex 26070 Belgian Waffle Baker
If you have seen the online advertisement of the Proctor Silex 26070 Belgian Waffle Baker and you are satisfied, then I would suggest that you may go for this product. The major reason being that it functions in the exact manner as shown in the advertisements.
- Though this product must be stored in an upright position, its small size and light weight makes storage all the more simple.
- It is ideal for consumer use as in all probability; it will fit your budget and provide the best quality waffles at the same time.
- The speed of production however is not that fast. Though it provided one of the best waffles in the market, its production rate is very slow. Thus, it isn’t ideal for the commercial market.
- Oster CKSTWFBF21 1-1/2-Inch Thick Belgian Flip Waffle Maker.
- The Oster CKSTWFBF21 1-1/2-Inch Thick Belgian Flip Waffle Maker as the name suggests specializes in Belgian waffles. The preparation involves a simple flip action.
5.Oster CKSTWFBF21 1-1/2-Inch Thick Belgian Flip Waffle Maker
The Oster CKSTWFBF21 1-1/2-Inch Thick Belgian Flip Waffle Maker as the name suggests specializes in Belgian waffles. The preparation involves a simple flip action. This machine has been designed with precision, the design ensures quick heating and at the same time, the features are extremely user friendly as well. It has a 1 – ½ inch surface that creates pockets that are extra deep. This is something you ought to love! Its non-stick coating ensures smooth and easy release.
Making the best waffles
This product lets you prepare two waffles simultaneously thanks to its flip action. To begin with, get the batter ready and switch on the device. The red light will indicate as to whether your device is ready for use or not. Once the red light glows, open the lid and pour in the batter and then close the lid. The green light will be turned on automatically once the waffles are ready.
- It comes with an adjustable temperature control system that lets you adjust the temperature so as to get the desired crispiness, lightness and fluffiness.
- It handle doesn’t get warm. Hence, you no longer need to worry about burning your hand on your waffle maker.
- The major disadvantage on this product lies in the fact that it is quite expensive for its size.
- Storage isn’t very simple as it always needs to be stored in an upright position.
6.Hamilton Beach 26030 Belgian Waffle Maker
The Hamilton Beach 26030 Belgian Waffle Maker comes with an ultra-flip design so as to give the appliance a bit of flexibility. This product is one of its kinds and the major reason is that it lets you experiment with your waffle. Something most other affordable waffle makers don’t support.
- It comes with cool touch handles that fold in easily for efficient storage.
- The exteriors are made of stainless steel. Thus ensuring longevity.
- It has a drip tray to store any sort of batter that overflows.
- Its specialized browning control mechanism lets this product stand out in the crowd.
- Speaking of cons, cost is a major concern.
- The product weighs quite a bit. This makes moving it a bit difficult.
7.Hamilton Beach 26009 Belgian Style Waffle Baker
The Hamilton Beach 26009 Belgian Style Waffle Baker is quite close to the Hamilton Beach 26030 Belgian Waffle Maker as far as their features are concerned. However, they produce waffles of different shapes. While the first produces rectangular waffles, the second produces circular waffles.
- The exteriors are made up of the best quality stainless steel so as to ensure that this product lasts long.
- It supports upright compact storage.
- It also has an exclusive browning control mechanism.
- Just like the previous product, price is one of the major disadvantages of this product.
8.Calphalon No Peek Waffle Maker
If you are looking for thick, yummy Belgian waffle for your breakfast, then the Calphalon No Peek Waffle Maker ought to grab your attention. It is a one of a kind appliance that lets you monitor the browning of your waffles and thus act accordingly.
- Power consumption and automatic shutdown are two of its major features.
- It has a top lock that lets you store the appliance flat as well as upright.
- It comes with an Opti-Heat System that provides the exact temperature your waffle needs.
- Cost is a major setback for this product. However, it offers services of the best notch. Hence, the cost part can be ignored.
9.Black & Decker Chrome Belgian Waffle Maker WMB505
The Black & Decker Chrome Belgian Waffle Maker WMB505 is known for preparing Belgian waffles in four sections.
- Its unique 4 section production mechanism is one of its kinds. You no longer need to take the headache of cutting the waffle or dividing it.
- There have been a few critical remarks as far as the longevity of this product is concerned.
10.26010 Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker
The 26010 Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker is a unique appliance that ought to get your Belgian waffle ready before you can blink. It comes with a non-stick frame that is capable of rotating so as to ensure that the waffle is evenly baked.
- This waffle maker is known for the deep and prominent Belgian pockets that it engraves on the waffles. This not only adds to the fluffiness but also to the crispiness.
- It comes with an adjustable browning control system.
- The nonstick grids can be cleaned easily.
- Though this product has received outstanding reviews on an average, there have been a few reports against the longevity of this product.
Waffles are perhaps the best thing that you could offer to your guests. Why guests? You yourself ought to enjoy these snacks that can be prepared in quick time provided you have a proper waffle maker. All the 10 products listed above are known for making the best quality waffles around. If you are looking for a long lasting waffle maker that is capable of preparing one of the best quality waffles, then you better get yourself one of these. However, you must be wise at the time of purchasing, read carefully the list of features each device has to offer. Then choose the one that serves your purpose the best.